9.06.2007

Banana Bread...


All you bakers out there, listen up! This is the BEST banana bread recipe ever. I have never tasted a better banana bread. My friend, Jaclyn, introduced this amazing recipe to me when i was in college. I was reminded of it when i had a ton of really ripe bananas the other day, so i had to make it! And... i could not resist sharing it with you. Try it, and i guarantee you will love it!!!

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups very ripe bananas (mashed)
2/3 cups crisco
2 1/2 cups flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cups buttermilk
1/2 to 1 cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions:
Cut Crisco into dry ingredients. Add 1/3 cup of buttermilk and bananas. Blend with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1/3 c. buttermilk and vanilla. Beat 2 more minutes. Fold in nuts and pour into well-greased and floured pans. Bake 45 min - 1 hour in 350' oven. Place bread on rack 5 minutes before turning out on wax paper to cool. If desired, frost with a butter cream icing.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

jules said...

Mmmmm! I love this recipe.

the Getschers said...

I made this last night! I could feel myself getting fatter already putting all that Crisco and sugar in, but MMMMMMMMM is it good! Thanks for the recipe!